Saturday, December 12, 2009

Payback is HELL -- divorce update

It is hard to believe a week has passed. I spent the night at my daughters, stayed with her sick twins for the day, had the middle boy come home early from school with my wife having to leave work and bring him. The oldest is the only one somewhat intact, but he has a terribly sullen attitude much like his father these days.

This morning my wife filled me in on yesterday--You're gonna love this!!!!

My daughter's abusive "5-year-old-in-a-man's-body" is now staying with his parents who created this monster with their crazy parenting techniques. He called my daughter to tell her to shut the air vents under the house and turn on a light you have to crawl to since a freeze was coming. Not that he is off right now and knows exactly what to do, but he has to keep his commands going!

Next he starts complaining about how he is being treated:
  • Must be home at a certain time (early, even though he is 35)
  • Must make his bed and wipe the shower door to leave it EXACTLY as momma dictates
  • If he is 1 minute late to a meal the (usually chicken strips because momma hates to cook) plate will be in the microwave
  • Answer all kinds of questions and listen to all kinds of stupid advice from meddling parents.

Payback---indeed it is HELL and this abuser deserves every bit of it!

He would get worse right now from an angry father who has just learned his daughter was grabbed by the hair and had a butcher knife placed to her throat in front of all the boys. He can thank God the separation is in progress and daddy does not have to intervene on that one.

My father, years ago, told me something very important: "When the Bible says, 'Vengeance is mine saith the Lord,' it means it!" I am eternally grateful to my father for pointing it out and telling stories of how it worked out for him. My Baptist preacher experiences have been exactly the same--I left the vengeance to God and it certainly was provided in ways I could never have planned nor predicted if I had taken vengeance into my own hands.

One quick example:

My second Senior Minister church had a group called "the clique" at its core. These people appeared to be faithful church members. They sang in the choir, taught SS, were elected Deacon and other positions. To the quick observer they seemed to be "righteous."

Once there and trying to work with them, I quickly discovered it was all a cover-up for backbiting, illicit affairs, making people with spiritual needs more sick instead of helping them to heal.

To make a long story short they corrupted 2 of my new staff members--literally physically with sexual antics corruption--to the point one had to be forced to resign and the other through his "other woman clique manipulator" ended up in a divorce / job loss / almost successful suicide place.

Guess who got fired as the Senior Minister----ME!!!!

I wanted to hurt several someones for how my wife and children got treated. Their actions were so threatening and hostile I took a friend and a .357 magnum with me after the vote to get things from my office. It may sound like a strange tale to you, but I had to live it.

You will never guess what happened to the "prime schemer" in this little story of having my career and family badly hurt. He had an elder son whose wife was expecting a baby. That young pregnant lady was the daughter of another participant in the "ousting of Gene event." In fact, he moderated the meeting when the church could have rejected my resignation, but the Moderator told them they could not do it because I had submitted it-----HOGWASH!!!

The beautiful child was born. Mommy and child were home alone in the first few days. She had put the baby to bed and decided to take a long warm soaking bath. Her husband came home within a few hours to find his beautiful wife and new mother drowned in her bath tub!

It sends chills down my spine!

Another participant in my pastoral slaughter had his beautiful beauty contestant type daughter in her early 20's fall off the back of a motorcycle into the path of an 18-wheeler which ran over her head! I'm not making any of this up. To a one those who meant evil for me paid a price as vengeance happened within the first year of my leaving!

Payback is HELL---usually it sets straight those awful things hurtful people have done to others who were just trying to do their job / get along / live and honest life.

If anyone chooses to take life in his own hands and exact vengeance, it turns into the kind of awful martyr bombing / plane hijacking / etc. stuff of recent years which has our soldiers by the thousands being exposed to vengeance bombing / roadside devices / etc.

Vengeance begets vengeance ad finitum!

When Jesus advocated returning good for evil / turn the other cheek reactions, he was offering a better way. Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King, Jr. proved that what seems impossible can become so by peaceful protest as hard as it might be to endure the blows, dogs, water hoses, etc. from those presently in charge.

As Christmas approaches, we did get a present from above which gives us encouragement to believe that when God says, "Vengeance is mine," he means it and you can trust it. It is proven to me that my father was right!

Thanks, Dad, I will surely see you again one day. You just got there before I do.

4 comments:

  1. Having experienced the joys of being fired, of the moderator of the meeting saying, "Well, we couldn't find anything wrong with you, but we fired you any way." and of saying to the gentlemen who did it, "Well, brethren, we will meet in eternity about this," and one of them saying, "O yes," and then of their having having gone there. One in 10 mos, one in 12 mos, and one in about 10 years. God does not seem in any hurry to have me get to that meeting, and I certainly took no effort to exact vengeance. I agree with Gene; leave that vengeance stuff to the Lord. He can take care of it better any tme. Besides, who wnts to get even once you get over your anger, hurt, and bitterness. After all, if Jesus suffered what He did on Calvary for us, we surely ought to be willing to suffer some rejection for His sake. What we suffer is small potatoes in comparison to what He experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all the people I know, Jim has endured about as much Hell on Earth as me--all because of personal integrity and faith.

    Thanks, Jim, for the "Amen."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Gene. so sorry to hear all this. Sad to say, it is not all that uncommon these days. :(

    Keep hanging in there with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks--

    I believe in prayer and prayed one for exorcism of the demons in my S-I-L as I drove home yesterday along with prayers for the protection of my daughter, grandsons, and wife.

    I slept good last night for the first time in several weeks! God will take care of things we cannot.

    ReplyDelete